Re: USB memory card reader and 64MB SD card - 2.6.28-git14

From: Robert Hancock
Date: Tue Jan 13 2009 - 00:19:06 EST

rhubbell wrote:
On Sat, 2009-01-10 at 17:55 -0600, Robert Hancock wrote:
rhubbell wrote:
(Please CC me in replie,s if it's not too much trouble.)

I had this issue with previous kernels, but I don't know when the
problem
started. I once was able to read this card.

Not sure what filesystems are on either card, not sure if it matters.
The cards are not mounted automatically so I am guessing that the
file system doesn't become an issue until mount time.

The device is a Phison 6-in-1 and has no problems with
other cards.

When inserted this card causes no problems:

This is a 128MB card:

Jan 10 10:47:06 kernel: uba: uba1
Looks like your kernel is configured to use the ub "low performance USB storage" driver, you could try the normal USB storage driver instead..

Are you suggesting that the two drivers can't coexist?

Patched to 2.6.29-rc1 and I've rebuilt the kernel without ub and now
when I try to mount, it is unable to find a readable card. While the
other card works fine still.

What dmesg output are you getting now?