Re: ANDROID low memory killer register (was Linux killed Kenny, bastard!)

From: Evgeniy Polyakov
Date: Tue Jan 13 2009 - 07:24:20 EST

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 12:10:38PM +0000, Alan Cox (alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> I believe they are related in the sense that both of them are
> unneccessary and should not make the final kernel...
>
> The /proc../oom_adj interface is again sufficient for this.

Besides the fact that it will unlikely to work the way you expect, since
oom adjustment is racy and may be too late, or not happend at all...

Alan, please try to apply this to practice and then you will suddenly
find that it would be really great to have a different method, which
will just work.

--
Evgeniy Polyakov