Re: Linux killed Kenny, bastard!

From: Bill Davidsen
Date: Tue Jan 13 2009 - 19:25:44 EST

Evgeniy Polyakov wrote:
So effectively oom_adj only works as enable/disable switch, and since no
one knows how to tune it, it is better to do not touch at all. And get
ssh killed. I believe if it is ever used then only to disable oom at
all, which is wrong, since task still may be killed but after some
others. My patch adds a simple priority for that based on the name of
the process, which are known to the administrators who maintain given
system.

If nothing else, this would seem to reduce the number of processes for which the OOM coefficient of evil must be calculated.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>
"Woe unto the statesman who makes war without a reason that will still