Re: [PULL -tip] fixed few make headers_check warnings

From: Jaswinder Singh Rajput
Date: Wed Jan 14 2009 - 04:30:30 EST

Hello Geert,

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 2:26 PM, Geert Uytterhoeven
<geert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Jan 2009, Jaswinder Singh Rajput wrote:
>> Please pull these patches. Earlier I also floated these patches so that I can get some feedback.
>>
>> The following changes since commit ae2659bcd0b5bf34dd4b03f1db0a2942cc09b8e6:
>> Ingo Molnar (1):
>> Merge branch 'x86/mm'
>>
>> are available in the git repository at:
>>
>> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jaswinder/linux-2.6-tiptop.git master
>>
>> Jaswinder Singh Rajput (7):
>> include of <linux/types.h> is preferred over <asm/types.h>
>> found __[us]{8,16,32,64} type without #include <linux/types.h>
>> capability.h: extern's make no sense in userspace
>> coda_psdev.h: extern's make no sense in userspace
>> in6.h: extern's make no sense in userspace
>> nubus.h: extern's make no sense in userspace
>> socket.h: extern's make no sense in userspace
>
> May I please remind you of my comment in
> http://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/2093/?

Thanks for your reminder :-)

> At least nubus.h still leaks forward declarations for kernel functions that
> lack the "extern" keyword, so they still pollute user space.

Yes, you are right, I just tried to pampered weeping warning messages
which is annoying.

In this subset, I just try to fix 77 such warnings.

nubus.h still have such warnings and other fixes required which you
are pointing so I am expecting nubus people will solve such problems.

Thanks
--
JSR