Re: [BUG] How to get real-time priority using idle priority

From: Brian Rogers
Date: Thu Jan 15 2009 - 07:07:36 EST

Mike Galbraith wrote:
On Mon, 2009-01-12 at 17:05 -0800, Brian Rogers wrote:
Ingo Molnar wrote:
i've applied your fix to tip/sched/urgent and merged it into tip/master.
Brian, you might want to test tip/master, as per:

http://people.redhat.com/mingo/tip.git/README

which now has this fix included. Can you make it break?
Yeah, I was able to trigger the same freeze again once on my desktop, but it appears to be harder to trigger now. I couldn't get my program to freeze the system, but one of the times I suspended then resumed BOINC, it happened.
OK, the below seems to cure all of the problems I've encountered, please
take it out for a spin.
This did the trick! I can't make it freeze anymore, with BOINC or with forkdie, and the system remains responsive even with dozens of idle priority tasks hogging all spare CPU time. It's great!