Re: netlabel: UNLABELED ath9k not denying unlabeled traffic

From: Paul Moore
Date: Thu Jan 15 2009 - 12:45:34 EST

On Wednesday 14 January 2009 8:54:22 pm Justin P. Mattock wrote:
> Paul Moore wrote:
> apologize for the slow response
> (had to do some external activities);

No problem, I've got a day job too :)

> > NOTE: the domain mapping configuration only controls how outbound
> > network traffic is labeled on-the-wire; it "maps" the
> > LSM/SELinux "domains" to a specific labeling protocol
> > configuration, e.g. all apache_t traffic should be labeled with
> > CIPSO DOI 3 while all firefox_t traffic should not be labeled at
> > all.

> > I think what you mean to type is the following:
> >
> > # netlabelctl unlbl add interface:wlan0 address:<radioadd> \
> > label:system_u:object_r:netlabel_peer_t:s0
> >
> > ... note there is no "domain" argument, that only exists
> > for "netlabelctl map ..." commands.
> >
> > NOTE: if you really want to get fancy you can create new SELinux
> > domains for each type of media and add NetLabel configurations for
> > those new domains. Imagine you create a new "internet_radio_t"
> > domain/type and only allow the "netplayer_t" domain (yeah, I made
> > that up but you get the point) access to network traffic labeled
> > with internet_radio_t. You would then use the following command to
> > label your incoming traffic with NetLabel:
> >
> > # netlabelctl unlbl add interface:wlan0 address:<radioadd> \
> > label:system_u:object_r:internet_radio_t:s0
> >
> > NOTE: you can also skip the "interface:wlan0" argument and just
> > use "default" instead if you want the configuration to apply to all
> > your network interfaces; although bear in mind that the "default"
> > configuration can be overridden by the interface specific
> > configurations.
>
> Alright, I thought you could use the map option for unlbl.

Yes, you can use configure the LSM/SELinux domain mapping to send
unlabeled/"unlbl" packets (the default configuration maps all outbound
traffic to "unlbl") but since you only really care about inbound
traffic you can ignore the "map" option.

--
paul moore
linux @ hp