Re: [slab corruption] BUG key_jar: Poison overwritten

From: David Howells
Date: Sat Jan 17 2009 - 15:34:24 EST

Ingo Molnar <mingo@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> The problem was not reproducible - i tried the same config once more and
> it didnt produce the bug. (this system has no known hardware flukes)

Having thought about it some more, we can't necessarily pin the blame on the
key management code. I think it more likely due to the previous owner of the
page as it's the guard poisoning that got corrupted, not the allocated key
struct. The problem is we don't know who that was. I wonder if it's
practical to store a recent history of page allocs and releases in a circular
buffer.

David