Re: [git pull] scheduler fixes

From: Avi Kivity
Date: Sun Jan 18 2009 - 04:21:52 EST

Avi Kivity wrote:
Ingo Molnar wrote:
Can you reproduce those latencies? We didnt get similar reports from elsewhere so there seems to be a KVM angle.

A simple test running 10 idle guests over 4 cores doesn't reproduce (2.6.29-rc). However we likely need a more complicated setup.

Kevin, any details about your setup? What are the guests doing? Are you overcommitting memory (is the host swapping)?

If the host load is low enough, it may be worthwhile to repeat with -no-kvm. It's significantly different from kvm (much higher cpu load, and less tasks involved), but if the problem recurs, we know it's a pure sched issue.