Re: Suspend/resume works in 2.6.29-0.19.rc0.git9.fc11.i686, but fails in later versions

From: MartinG
Date: Tue Jan 20 2009 - 03:35:57 EST

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 8:17 PM, Pavel Machek <pavel@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ok, that is not going to work on single core. Can you try if
> suspending works in init=/bin/bash mode?

Hi, I forgot to mention that I'm running on a crypted disk. So
"init=/bin/bash" fails. But I booted kernel-2.6.29-0.41.rc2.fc11.i686
using "1" as a kernel parameter, and put the laptop to suspend by
# echo -n mem > /sys/power/state

But still, I was not able to resume it - black screen, keyboard dead.

Could it be related to my disk encryption? I though "everybody"
encrypted their laptop these days?
I set it up during installation (full disk encryption, I get prompted
for passphrase as the first thing during boot).

This is my layout:
# df -h
/dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00
12G 7,5G 4,5G 63% /
/dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol02
14G 12G 1,6G 88% /home
/dev/sda1 190M 51M 130M 29% /boot
tmpfs 614M 76K 614M 1% /dev/shm

# mount
/dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00 on / type ext3 (rw)
proc on /proc type proc (rw)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw)
/dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol02 on /home type ext3 (rw)
/dev/sda1 on /boot type ext3 (rw)
tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw)
none on /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc type binfmt_misc (rw)
sunrpc on /var/lib/nfs/rpc_pipefs type rpc_pipefs (rw)
fusectl on /sys/fs/fuse/connections type fusectl (rw)
nfsd on /proc/fs/nfsd type nfsd (rw)

I'd be happy to test further - please let me know what info I can provide.
Thanks.

-MartinG