Re: Confusion in usr/include/asm-generic/fcntl.h

From: Arnd Bergmann
Date: Wed Jan 21 2009 - 03:25:48 EST

On Wednesday 21 January 2009, Helge Deller wrote:
> From: Arnd Bergmann <arnd@xxxxxxxx>
> >> On parisc, there is a major confusion in this area, at some point, all
> >> checks for __LP64__ got replaced with CONFIG_64BIT there. While I have
> >> not understood what the problem with __LP64__ was, the check for
> >> CONFIG_64BIT on parisc user space looks very wrong.
>
> I think the parisc mess is my fault. I once replaced the __LP64__ by
> CONFIG_64BIT and forgot that some files are exported to userspace.
> I'll clean that up and send patches.

I have a patch set that introduces a lot more asm-generic headers where
I also need a generic way to check for this. The approach I chose
here was to check "#if __BITS_PER_LONG == 64" for anything that is
exported to user space. Maybe you can #define this in asm/types.h
and use this check in the parisc headers as well.

Arnd <><