Re: plz help fixing lirc_igorplugusb kernel module

From: Dick Streefland
Date: Wed Jan 21 2009 - 06:06:22 EST

alex <gsmdib@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| Jan 20 19:11:42 s lirc_igorplugusb[3]: Device buffer overrun.
| Jan 20 19:11:48 s lirc_igorplugusb[3]: Device buffer overrun.
| Jan 20 19:11:49 s lirc_igorplugusb[3]: Device buffer overrun.
| --
| The problem naturally lies in the last third lines which reflect the
| way kernel module reacts to key presses on remote. The very same
| device works flawlessly under Win + Girder.
| I'd be very thankful if someone could help me fixing the issue (or
| rather if I could help fixing this issue).

This error is caused by an IR code longer than 36 pulse/space periods.
Perhaps the Windows driver simply ignores this condition? Did you try
to remove the code that handles this case and where this message is
issued?

<plug>
You can also try my USBtiny implementation, which also works with this
driver. It limits the number of periods to 35 by wrapping the last 16
periods: http://www.xs4all.nl/~dicks/avr/usbtiny/
</plug>

--
Dick Streefland //// Altium BV