Re: Fail to early boot with v2.6.27-rc2 to at least v2.6.29-rc2 dueto dc1e35c

From: H. Peter Anvin
Date: Wed Jan 21 2009 - 19:38:34 EST

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.Avuton Olrich wrote:
Hello,

My computer fails to make it past 'Unpacking kernel' with anything
later than dc1e35, to at least v2.6.29-rc2 due to dc1e35c, at least so
git bisect told me. While writing this bug I discovered I was using
gcc-4.1.1 when I thought I was using gcc-4.3.2; I upgraded, recompiled
2.6.28.1 and same results so I assume the same results would come from
me doing the 4 hour bisect again.

Hi Avuton,

Could you apply these two patches and verify that they work, even with the BIOS CPUID level limit enabled?

-hpa