Re: [Bug #12406] 2.6.28 thinks that my PS/2 mouse is a touchpad

From: Alexander E. Patrakov
Date: Thu Jan 22 2009 - 01:30:45 EST

Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
Sorry, must have missed that. I think it's gonna be a bit chatty if
user happens to have Logitech++ device attached, however I think if
we complement it with the patch below I think it should work OK.

Dmitry, I don't see the effect of your patch. I.e., both the patch by Arjan referenced in the bug, and combination of that patch with yours, produce a working mouse and this dmesg output:

psmouse serio1: ID: 10 00 64<6>elantech.c: Elantech version query result 0x00, 0x01, 0x64.
elantech.c: Probably not a real Elantech touchpad. Aborting.
input: ImExPS/2 Logitech Wheel Mouse as /class/input/input18

--
Alexander E. Patrakov