Re: Detailed Stack Information Patch [0/3]

From: Stefani Seibold
Date: Thu Jan 22 2009 - 16:36:35 EST

First, i had explained what is the reason for the patch.

Second, the number of #ifdef is not more or less than other features
which extends the task_struct on demand.

There is no way to do this without #ifdef's, only if i add this feature
without a CONFIG_.... option.

I think the main reason why i get low responses is, because i posted it
to the wrong mail list. kernel-mm would be a better place for this.

So i will wait until 2.6.29 is out, then move my patch to this version,
enhance it, add a diffstat and try it again which are more detailed
reason why this patch should be included.

But this patch did nit solve a problem, it is a feature like
PROC_PAGE_MONITOR or similar. It will help to figure out, how much stack
will be consumed by a particular process or thread.

It also not a patch which cares Joe Kernelhacker, it cares Jane
Userlandhacker!

Thnx,
Steffi