Re: [patch] SLQB slab allocator

From: Nick Piggin
Date: Fri Jan 23 2009 - 08:44:43 EST

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 01:34:49PM +0000, Hugh Dickins wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Jan 2009, Nick Piggin wrote:
> >
> > ... Would you be able to test with this updated patch
> > (which also includes Hugh's fix ...
>
> In fact not: claim_remote_free_list() still has the offending unlocked
> + VM_BUG_ON(!l->remote_free.list.head != !l->remote_free.list.tail);

Doh, thanks. Turned out to still miss a few cases where it wasn't
checking for memoryless nodes (Andi explains why I didn't see it
with x86-64: because it handles the case differently and assigns
the default node to the nearest one with memory. I think).

Working on a new version, so I've definitely got your bug covered
now :)