Re: serial8250 madness

From: Andrew Walrond
Date: Fri Jan 23 2009 - 13:05:21 EST

David Daney wrote:
You do have to have your kernel configured properly for a serial console for it to work right.

Sorry to be blunt, but I don't think you read my message very carefully! I am reporting kernel bug(s) in the serial subsystem, not amateur configuration problems. I know what I'm about, but on a random selection of 3 servers with identical kernels/software, the serial subsystem works fully on none of them. All boot just fine to the normal console.

Andrew Walrond