Re: building custom module on 2.6.28 fails

From: Satish Eerpini
Date: Sun Jan 25 2009 - 06:21:18 EST

>> It seems you run "make clean" or "make distclean" in your kernel sources
>>
>> run "make prepare" in your kernel sources then you will not get this
>> error.

I ran make clean and then make prepare but it gives an error saying
"no such file or directory : modpost ", ....
Then i ran make( in the kernel source tree) , and terminated it after
a few files were compiled and then again tried to compile my module,
this time it worked without any errors, ....... any particular reason
for this ??

Thanks
Satish
--