Re: Gateway DX4720-03 apic problem

From: Aioanei Rares
Date: Sun Jan 25 2009 - 15:55:01 EST

Robert Hancock wrote:
Charles Landau wrote:
I have a new Gateway DX4720-03 PC and have discovered that it won't install Fedora 10 unless I give the kernel boot option "noapic" or "nolapic".

This system's processor is the Intel Pentium Dual Core E5200.

It would seem that this is either a kernel bug to be fixed, or a documentation bug so users of this machine know about the workaround. I'll report the bug if someone will tell me how.

I think you just did report it :-)

Well, it's something that should be fixed in the kernel, either it's a kernel bug or hardware busted in some way that we should be detecting.

How is it failing to install, is it locking up at some point, etc?