Re: Spamming linux-kernel and linux-scsi by out-of-tree patches(LIO)

From: Arjan van de Ven
Date: Mon Jan 26 2009 - 11:19:22 EST

On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 19:08:24 +0300
Vladislav Bolkhovitin <vst@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I wouldn't object if Nicholas des the same and send in linux-scsi
> and linux-kernel a complete patchset, which we will review and
> discuss. But he sends *intermediate* patches and this looks for me
> like a violation of fundamental rules/intention of Linux kernel
> mailing lists, hence I complain.
>
> So, should I understand your words that you agree if I also start
> sending intermediate patches for SCST to linux-scsi/linux-kernel?

<looking in as an outsider>

I am thoroughly surprised by this email exchange.
>From where I sit, there is almost no such thing as posting patches too
early. Really. Transparency and early review/feedaback is by far
more important than ignoring a few more patches in an area you
don't careabout.

Your second paragraph makes me wonder if your email is more political
than technical in nature. But either way, you should feel encouraged
to release early, release often.

visit http://www.lesswatts.org