unified percpu stuff

From: Jeremy Fitzhardinge
Date: Mon Jan 26 2009 - 20:12:40 EST

I'm really pleased to see the unified percpu stuff in the kernel, but unfortunately its breaking Xen at the moment.

It looks like this is just a matter of initializing %gs properly in xen_start_kernel. Is there any problem with me doing a load_gs_base(0) somewhere early in xen_start_kernel (arch/x86/xen/enlighten.c)? Is the initial percpu are and offset for cpu0 all set up? Do I need to make it #ifdef CONFIG_SMP?

Do I need to do anything for 32-bit? (I haven't tested that yet.)

Thanks,