Checkpatch false positive?

From: Jan Kara
Date: Tue Jan 27 2009 - 10:49:23 EST

Hi,

I've used checkpatch.pl to verify one of my patches. It complains:

ERROR: trailing statements should be on next line
#167: FILE: fs/quota/quota_tree.c:249:
+ for (i = 0, ddquot = buf + sizeof(struct qt_disk_dqdbheader);
[...]
i++, ddquot += info->dqi_entry_size);

But the code looks like:
for (i = 0, ddquot = buf + sizeof(struct qt_disk_dqdbheader);
i < qtree_dqstr_in_blk(info) && !qtree_entry_unused(info, ddquot);
i++, ddquot += info->dqi_entry_size);

Which is IMHO correct. Maybe it's because the for has actually empty body
and the ; is at the end of the line with for. But I didn't find anything in
CodingStyle that would forbid
and
for (...)
;