Re: PROBLEM: Can't boot a (HZ = 1000) kernel using an AMDPhenom-II processor

From: Borislav Petkov
Date: Tue Jan 27 2009 - 11:39:18 EST

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 01:26:58PM -0500, Mark Hounschell wrote:

[.. ]

> If there is anything else I can try, I'm at your disposal.

Ok, I just boot-tested a 1000 HZ kernel here and I can't reproduce
your problem. Can you please send the failing .config. And also where
exactly does your kernel hang during the boot process, can you capture
any output and/or enable SysRq to dump backtrace on all cores (SysRq-T)
if possible. Finally, what does 'cat /proc/timer_list' on the working
kernel say?

Thanks.

--
Regards/Gruss,
Boris.

Operating | Advanced Micro Devices GmbH
System | Karl-Hammerschmidt-Str. 34, 85609 Dornach b. München, Germany
Research | Geschäftsführer: Jochen Polster, Thomas M. McCoy, Giuliano Meroni
Center | Sitz: Dornach, Gemeinde Aschheim, Landkreis München
(OSRC) | Registergericht München, HRB Nr. 43632