Re: OMAP clock fast-forward: an introduction to six series

From: Paul Walmsley
Date: Thu Jan 29 2009 - 02:05:28 EST

Hello Russell,

On Wed, 28 Jan 2009, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 01:22:22PM -0700, Paul Walmsley wrote:
> > Per rmk's preferences, some patches have been 'compressed.' That is, some
> > fix patches have been rolled into a single patch with the original. To
> > ease cross-referencing with the linux-omap git tree, original commit IDs
> > have been inserted into the patch messages. Also, what would have been an
> > extremely long series has been split into six smaller, cumulative, roughly
> > thematic patch series. If requested, I would be pleased to simply send
> > one large series of the original, uncompressed patches. Thanks to the git
> > and stgit authors and contributors: without those tools, this process
> > would have been nearly impossible.
>
> Since this patch series was only really meant for me to do some follow-on
> work on it (to merge it into my tree) is it really necessary to submit
> this 70 patch series via slow email via several mailing lists?

I posted the patches for final review and upstream merging.

Not sure what the follow-on work is that you mention. But if it's
additional development work, such as modifying the linux-omap clock code
to use your recent clkdev code, that should really be discussed
separately, and patches posted for comment to linux-omap, so the OMAP
community has a chance to test it first. People on that list seem to be
pretty reasonable...

regards,

- Paul