Re: Regression from 2.6.26: Hibernation (possibly suspend) broken on Toshiba R500 (bisected)

From: Frans Pop
Date: Thu Jan 29 2009 - 23:36:05 EST

On Thursday 29 January 2009, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> > Quick revival of this old thread with good news.
> > The "APIC error on CPU1" message is now gone!
>
> that was an old mystery!
>
> So enabling interrupts too early (possibly before the lapic, the hpet
> or both are initialized properly?) can generate an APIC error message?

I'm not really sure what change has caused the error to disappear. I could
do some investigation, but fear we may have had too many changes (and
broken suspend between them) to accurately pinpoint it.

> > With current git head I get:
> > ACPI: Waking up from system sleep state S3
> > ACPI: EC: non-query interrupt received, switching to interrupt
> > mode
>
> i started getting those messages too - but earlier in the cycle, during
> one of the ACPI merges i think.

I get the same message during a normal boot and in roughly the same place:
shortly after CPU1 is enabled and CPUs attaching to sched-domains. So I'm
happy with Alexey's comment that this is normal.