RE: Q: state of pci express hotplug

From: Krishna Kothapalli
Date: Mon Feb 02 2009 - 12:15:56 EST

> I'd like to know details of the bugs. Could you please show the
> details of the bugs?

Not sure if this is a bug or error on my part:

a) Cold plug of the PCI express card looks ok ( the devices show up is the sysfs ).
b)
However hotplug of the same device does not work (it won't show up in
the sysfs and uevents are not sent to udev ). Same issue when ACPI is removed from the kernel build and
modprobe pciehp pciehp_force=1

Posted some details in (can send in more details if needed) :
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.pci/2865
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.pci/2868