Re: main thread pthread_exit/sys_exit bug!

From: Kaz Kylheku
Date: Mon Feb 02 2009 - 15:39:43 EST

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 12:17 PM, Ulrich Drepper <drepper@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The userlevel context of the
> thread is not usable anymore. It will have run all kinds of
> destructors. The current behavior is AFAIK that the main thread won't
> react to any signal anymore. That is absolutely required.

Hey Ulrich,

Thanks for articulating that requirement. I think it can be met by
extending the patch a little bit. We can keep the main thread parked
inside sys_exit /and/ get it not to react to signals internally, yet
have the external behavior that the process reacts in the normal
way to certain signals like SIGTSTP, SIGCONT, etc.