Re: [crash] af9005_usb_module_init(): BUG: unable to handle kernelpaging request at ff100000

From: Luca Olivetti
Date: Tue Feb 03 2009 - 16:07:25 EST

En/na Ingo Molnar ha escrit:
* Daniel Walker <dwalker@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tue, 2009-02-03 at 18:28 +0100, Ingo Molnar wrote:
FYI, -tip qa keeps triggering this bootup crash occasionally, ever since June 2008 when a DVB merge brought in this new driver:
It looks like it could be a config problem.. The crash happens around these two symbol "af9005_rc_keys", and "af9005_rc_keys_size" , and they are both defined inside af9005-remote.c different from where the init functions is lcoated .. af9005-remote.c needs a special config CONFIG_DVB_USB_AF9005_REMOTE to get compiled which you have disabled..

ok - but it shouldnt crash, obviously.

Did you try my suggestion I sent the past December 26th?
Quote:

El Fri, 26 Dec 2008 11:08:33 -0200
Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> escribió:
> > Luca,
> >
> > Could you please verify this issue?

No, I don't have 2.6.28, but I guess that maybe once usb_register is
called the dvb-usb subsystem asynchronously (is that an smp system?)
starts polling the remote before the rc_decode function pointer has been
initialized.
Could you try to initialize it to NULL before calling usb_register?

Bye
--
Luca