Re: BUG: unable to handle kernel paging request at 0000000000002328 __d_lookup+0xc8/0x1d0

From: Arjan van de Ven
Date: Wed Feb 04 2009 - 10:11:33 EST

On Wed, 4 Feb 2009 15:49:52 +0100
Zdenek Kabelac <zdenek.kabelac@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Today I've got this ugly oops - my machine T61, 4GB of memory (checked
> with memtest), SMP, C2D
> kernel commit: 33bfad54b58cf05cfe6678c3ec9235d4bc8db4c2
>
> The only 'strange' thing I've been doing today is testing ext4 and its
> online resize functionality.
> But this oops happened somewhat later - so I'm not really sure whether
> there is some correlation.
>
> (Full kernel log follows)

if you have CONFIG_DEBUG_INFO enabled, you can run the oops through
http://www.kerneloops.org/download/markup_oops.pl (or
scripts/markup_oops.pl, but the 64 bit support is pending in a
maintainer tree) to turn this into an even better bug report...
... it will show exactly where in the code the oops was.

visit http://www.lesswatts.org