Re: 2.6.29-rc3: weird process after resume

From: Alex Romosan
Date: Wed Feb 04 2009 - 20:45:33 EST

Andrew Morton <akpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Wed, 04 Feb 2009 09:25:20 -0800
> Alex Romosan <romosan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> this is on a thinkpad t61p with an intel core2 cpu. i just noticed
>> that after resuming from suspending to memory i get a weirdly named
>> process. i did a ps before and after and the only difference was that
>> before i had this process:
>>
>> [hda0/1]
>>
>> and after this one:
>>
>> [__?__;??____D__"?______]
>>
>> with everything else being the same. the laptop seems to be working
>> fine and the problem could have been there for a while but i just
>> didn't notice it. i am including my .config file. let me know if you
>> need anything else.
>
> Were earlier kernels OK? If so, which version?

i just tried 2.6.28 and there was no [hda0] kernel thread. 2.6.29-rc1
and rc2 never resumed from suspend so i couldn't really try it.

> What the heck is that kernel thread anyway? It looks like something
> derived from an IDE device.

i have no idea. hda is the cdrom (the disk is sata and shows up as
sda).

--alex--

--
| I believe the moment is at hand when, by a paranoiac and active |
| advance of the mind, it will be possible (simultaneously with |