Re: [Patch] mmu_notifiers destroyed by __mmu_notifier_release()retain extra mm_count.

From: Robin Holt
Date: Fri Feb 06 2009 - 07:58:58 EST

On Fri, Feb 06, 2009 at 02:44:00AM +0100, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:
> simply. For a moment I thought unregister wasn't mandatory because at
> some point in one of the dozen versions of the api it wasn't, but in

You are right, I am remembering an older version of the API (which I
still like better, obviously ;) ). I also see the problems each choice
of API can cause. I think the current API is the more reasonable
choice. I have adjusted XPMEM to keep a copy of the mm_struct pointer
at register time with my own accompanying inc of mm_count and likewise
do the unregister and mmdrop(); This resolved my problem.

Sorry for the noise.

Andrew, could you throw this patch as away as quickly as possible.
Sorry for wasting your time.

Thanks,
Robin