Re: viafb triggers BUG at mm/vmalloc.c:294 [kernel 2.6.28.3]

From: wixor
Date: Mon Feb 09 2009 - 06:48:36 EST

Okay, I'm not quite sure what's happening here (i'm not kernel
developer). That's that I've done:
printk(KERN_DEBUG "alloc_vmap_area(%lu, %lu, %p,
%p)\n",size,align,vstart,vend);
at the very beginning of alloc_vmap_area,
printk(KERN_DEBUG "alloc_vmap_area: allocated %p -
%p\n",va->va_start, va->va_end);
at very end and
WARN(1,KERN_WARNING "alloc_vmap_area failed\n");
before returning EBUSY. Full dmesg attached. What still bugs me is
that video ram is allocated from system memory by bios. Does the
kernel know that and does it try to allocate the framebuffer in that
"video ram"?