Re: [APIC] Kernel panic, rsync corruption, intel q8200, 2.6.28-rc8

From: yakui_zhao
Date: Tue Feb 10 2009 - 20:31:12 EST

On Tue, 2009-02-10 at 19:46 +0800, Sam Ruby wrote:
> yakui_zhao wrote:

> > Do you have an opportunity to try the boot option of "acpi=off" as
> > suggested by Lenb?
>
> That also produces the "MP-BIOS bug" message and halts.
Do you mean that the box still can't be booted with ACPI disabled? If
so, it should be a BIOS bug. It had better be fixed by bios upgrading.
From the following test it seems that there exists the MPS table,
which describes how the timer is connected with I/O APIC. But
unfortunately it is still incorrect.
And the timer still can't work w/o the timer override.

Only when I/O apic is skipped can the box be booted. The timer is
connected with 8259. And the timer can work as expected. But there
still exist other issue.