Re: [patch] SLQB slab allocator (try 2)

From: Pekka Enberg
Date: Mon Feb 16 2009 - 14:47:32 EST

Mel Gorman wrote:
On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 09:17:58PM +0200, Pekka Enberg wrote:
Hi Mel,

Mel Gorman wrote:
I haven't done much digging in here yet. Between the large page bug and
other patches in my inbox, I haven't had the chance yet but that doesn't
stop anyone else taking a look.
So how big does an improvement/regression have to be not to be considered within noise? I mean, I randomly picked one of the results ("x86-64 speccpu integer tests") and ran it through my "summarize" script and got the following results:

min max mean std_dev
slub 0.96 1.09 1.01 0.04
slub-min 0.95 1.10 1.00 0.04
slub-rvrt 0.90 1.08 0.99 0.05
slqb 0.96 1.07 1.00 0.04

Well, it doesn't make a whole pile of sense to get the average of these ratios
or the deviation between them. Each of the tests behave very differently.

Uhm, yes. I need to learn to read one of these days.

Pekka