Re: [RFD] Automatic suspend

From: Igor Stoppa
Date: Tue Feb 17 2009 - 10:01:38 EST

Hi,
On Tue, 2009-02-17 at 15:51 +0100, ext Matthew Garrett wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 06:46:30AM -0800, Arjan van de Ven wrote:

> Remember that Android has an open marketplace designed to appeal to Java
> programmers - users are going to end up downloading code from there and
> then blaming the platform if their battery life heads towards zero. I
> think "We can't trust our userland not to be dumb" is a valid concern.

It took few years of preaching but eventually our (admittedly small)
userbase did start to see the truth and not blame the platform but
rather the applications they had installed on top of it.

Powertop is a good tool.

Maybe slamming a nice GUI on top of that would turn all the userbase
into a horde of bug reporters for the offending apps.

Or maybe it's just wishful thinking .... :)

--

Cheers, Igor

---

Igor Stoppa
Maemo Software - Nokia Devices R&D - Helsinki