Re: [Bonding-devel] 2.6.29 regression? Bonding tied to IPV6 in 29-rc5

From: Jay Vosburgh
Date: Tue Feb 17 2009 - 15:08:20 EST

Andrey Borzenkov <arvidjaar@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>> If IPv6 is disable in kernel config bonding loads. But I think it is
>> regression, it should be possible to disable IPv6 if not required.
>
>This hard dependency was apparently introduced by this commit:
>
>commit 305d552accae6afb859c493ebc7d98ca3371dae2
>Author: Brian Haley <brian.haley@xxxxxx>
>Date: Tue Nov 4 17:51:14 2008 -0800
>
> bonding: send IPv6 neighbor advertisement on failover

I'm not really sure how to work around this. If bonding is
compiled with CONFIG_IPV6, then the IPv6 support is compiled in, and
bonding will need the ipv6 module loaded to resolve its symbols.

The simple answer (don't turn on CONFIG_IPV6) isn't really
useful for the common case of distro kernels, which will generally have
CONFIG_IPV6 enabled.

-J

---
-Jay Vosburgh, IBM Linux Technology Center, fubar@xxxxxxxxxx