Re: [patch] timers: add mod_timer_pending()

From: Patrick McHardy
Date: Wed Feb 18 2009 - 07:55:11 EST

Ingo Molnar wrote:
To accelerate matters i've committed the new API patch into a new standalone topic branch: tip:timers/new-apis.

Unless there are objections or test failures, you (or Stephen or David) can then git-pull it into the networking tree via the Git coordinates below - and you'll get this single commit in a surgical manner - no other timer changes are included.

Doing so has the advantage of:

- You not having to wait a kernel cycle for the API to go
upstream.

- You can also push it upstream without waiting for the timer tree. (the timer tree and the networking tree will share the exact same commit)

- It will also all merge cleanly with the timer tree in linux-next, etc.

I'd suggest to do it in about a week, to make sure any after effects have trickled down and to make sure the topic has become append-only. You can ping Thomas and me about testing/review status then, whenever you want to do the pull.

Thanks Ingo. I'll wait for Stephen to rebase his patches on
top of your change and the test results and will let you know.