Re: mmotm 2009-02-17-12-33 uploaded

From: Oleg Nesterov
Date: Wed Feb 18 2009 - 09:56:51 EST

On 02/18, Rusty Russell wrote:

> On Wednesday 18 February 2009 20:23:56 Andrew Morton wrote:
> > Someone else has been mucking with kthread.c in linux-next, and a
> > couple of days ago that mucking got dropped from linux-next. Perhaps
> > this churn broke Oleg's patch.

"[merged] kthread-dont-looking-for-a-task-in-create_kthread-2.patch"
has "create->result = current;" in kthread(), then this line was
lost somehow,

> Oleg and I had an accidentally-offlist chat about these patches.
>
> Last we decided, a more ambitious approach was desired. Patches RSN.

Yes, but can't we do this on top of current patches?

We are going to change the API a bit, so that kthread_create() bumps
a reference to task_struct. I think it would be nice to separate the
API changes from the implementation changes.

Oleg.