Re: EXT4 ENOSPC Bug

From: Theodore Tso
Date: Thu Feb 19 2009 - 00:01:27 EST

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 03:18:45AM +0100, Andres Freund wrote:
> On 02/18/2009 10:29 PM, Theodore Tso wrote:
>> Ok, that's good. Good to know the workaround works.
>> Can you send me a dumpe2fs of the filesystem in question? I'm curious
>> what was going on...
> Will do as soon as I am at the same place as the machine. I guess thats
> only interesting to you privately (size and so on)?
>
>> Thanks for the report. I'll push the workaround patch to Linus for
>> 2.6.29 to avoid this problem for now. I recently sent to linux-ext4
>> for comment a patch to revamp the Orlov allocator for flex_bg and to
>> use that instead of find_group_flex(), but no way that's going into
>> 2.6.29 at this point....
> Would it be helpfull if I test that patch?

Sure, I'll take all of the testing I can get. :-)

The patch is in the ext4 patch queue, and I sent them to the ext4
patch queue. The patch is also in patch work:

http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/23343/

The patch which I sent you earlier (available below) is a prequisite:

http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/23228/

- Ted