Re: tip: bzip2/lzma now in tip:x86/setup-lzma

From: Alain Knaff
Date: Thu Feb 19 2009 - 01:15:24 EST

Jan Engelhardt wrote:
> Even if it is true in general, I would not remove CONFIG_INITRAMFS_SOURCE

Hmmm, but now that I think of it, maybe the CONFIG_INITRAMFS_SOURCE
setting could be used to decide whether to compress initramfs.

If empty => do not compress builtin initramfs. It's only 950 bytes, and
will be compressed along with the kernel anyways.

If not empty => use an additional config setting (let's call it
CONFIG_INITRAMFS_COMPRESSION) to decide which compressor to use.

Regards,

Alain