Re: [GIT PULL] block bits for 2.6.29-rc5

From: Jens Axboe
Date: Fri Feb 20 2009 - 02:29:28 EST

On Thu, Feb 19 2009, Jens Axboe wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 19 2009, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 03:41:06PM +0100, Jens Axboe wrote:
> > > Hi Linus,
> > >
> > > One trivial patch, otherwise it's all bug fixes or regressions. Please
> > > pull.
> >
> > Any chance you could look into the barrier fail warning spew regression
> > introduced early in the 2.6.29 circle?
>
> Yep, will get fixed in the next round. There were just a few important
> fixes queued up that I wanted in -rc6.

It seems to work fine for me, tested with a modified sd that doesn't
have barrier support and loop:

Filesystem "sdc1": Disabling barriers, trial barrier write failed
XFS mounting filesystem sdc1

and

Filesystem "loop0": Disabling barriers, trial barrier write failed
XFS mounting filesystem loop0

No extra failure warnings on the barrier IO itself. What device do you
see this on?

--
Jens Axboe