Re: Is kmemcheck currently broken on tip?

From: Vegard Nossum
Date: Sat Feb 21 2009 - 16:35:33 EST

> 2009/2/21 Sitsofe Wheeler <sitsofe@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've been trying to test kmemcheck in linux-tip on my EeePC and things
>> have been going suspiciously not so slow with little extra memory used
>> (at least compared to the last time I used kmemcheck). While I see
>> [ 0.063412] kmemcheck: "Bugs, beware!"
>> in dmesg, I'm not sure kmemcheck is working especially since nothing is
>> flagged when I trigger the issue described in
>> http://marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=123472656015761&w=1 ...

Ah, sorry, you'll probably have to disable SLUB debugging on the
command line if it was enabled by default in the config. Boot with
slub_debug=- parameter. Maybe we should print a warning for this...

Vegard

--
"The animistic metaphor of the bug that maliciously sneaked in while
the programmer was not looking is intellectually dishonest as it