Re: 2.6.29-rc1 on zaurus (spitz)

From: Russell King
Date: Sun Feb 22 2009 - 09:24:20 EST

On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 02:56:51PM +0100, Pavel Machek wrote:
> On Thu 2009-02-12 22:22:37, Cyril Hrubi? wrote:
> > Hi,
> > 2.6.29-rc4 boots on spitz and looks overall good but framebuffer
> > redraws some lines terribly slow. When I'm editing text in bash from
> > the middle in some cases I can see redrawing the text pixel by pixel.
> > And suspend to ram on pressing On/Off button does nothing now (some
> > missing config option?).
>
> Hmm, it gets worse: echo mem > /sys/power/state sleeps 2.6.28, but
> there's no way to resume it.

Sounds like the on/off button isn't configured as a wakeup source.
Without knowing anything about the platform (iow, where the on/off
button is connected) it's hard to tell what could be the problem.

Has the on/off button ever worked?

> About hda timeouts... I remember seeing them under older kernels, too,
> under loads such as kernel compile... plus keypresses tend to get lost
> under high loads :-(.

Really, what we need is for someone to step up to take on sorting out
Zaurus. Looking at this thread, it seems there's very few people here
willing. Also, I think Richard Purdie has moved on from Zaurus stuff.

I know there are a small number of people on linux-arm-kernel who have
access to some Zaurus platforms, but I don't know what they are. Really,
you should be posting to that list if you seriously want help, because
I doubt they're subscribed to LKML.

--
Russell King
maintainer of: