Re: New filesystem for Linux kernel

From: hooanon05
Date: Tue Feb 24 2009 - 08:58:52 EST

Tarkan Erimer:
> I think there is a misunderstanding or confusion about merging the code
> into the mainline. You needn't to drop some functionality/features to
> make your code small and to make it reviewed by mergers. You have to
> separate (Core FS functions, features etc.) your code into small pieces.
> So that, mergers will look, for first, your core FS functionality code
> to see that it *_breaks_* or *_touches_* any _*other areas of the
> kernel*_. If everything goes well, your main Core FS functionality code
> will be merged into the mainline. After that, you can send your
> feature/functionality codes one by one.

Tarkan, thank you for your advise.
Actually I broke functions and files into small pieces. Additionally I
applied CONFIG_AUFS_* conditions in fs/aufs/Makefile. When you review
aufs source files, I'd suggest you to read in this order.

aufs-y := module.o sbinfo.o super.o branch.o xino.o sysaufs.o opts.o \
wkq.o vfsub.o dcsub.o \
cpup.o whout.o plink.o wbr_policy.o \
dinfo.o dentry.o \
finfo.o file.o f_op.o \
dir.o vdir.o \
iinfo.o inode.o i_op.o i_op_add.o i_op_del.o i_op_ren.o \
ioctl.o
aufs-$(CONFIG_SYSFS) += sysfs.o
aufs-$(CONFIG_AUFS_BDEV_LOOP) += loop.o
aufs-$(CONFIG_AUFS_HINOTIFY) += hinotify.o
aufs-$(CONFIG_AUFS_DEBUG) += debug.o
aufs-$(CONFIG_AUFS_MAGIC_SYSRQ) += sysrq.o

If I am still misunderstanding, please let me know.

Thank you
J. R. Okajima