Re: Disabling an interrupt in interrupt context

From: Robert Hancock
Date: Tue Feb 24 2009 - 19:09:44 EST

Mike Mason wrote:
I have a need to disable an LSI interrupt from within the context of the handler for that interrupt. It appears that disable_irq_nosync() will do the trick. Besides dropping interrupts, which I don't care about because the device is in an error state, what are the potential side effects of doing this? As far as I can tell, this will not prevent the current in-flight handlers for that interrupt from finishing.

Well, if any other devices are sharing that IRQ line, they likely won't like it, for one thing.. How long are you planning on disabling the IRQ line for?