Re: [RFD] Automatic suspend

From: Chris Friesen
Date: Fri Feb 27 2009 - 12:10:42 EST

Pavel Machek wrote:
On Mon 2009-02-23 15:04:22, Oliver Neukum wrote:

We can just as well have a class of tasks less important than power
saving. They'd just run when power saving is not active for some other
reason. Just like other such schemes we end up with the problem
of priority inversion with locking.

Ok, I guess this could be interesting in some cases... maybe. What are
real examples of such tasks?

Some people might put casual system monitoring tools into this category--top, xload, gkrellm, xclock, etc.

It'd be nice if the animated banner ad in my web browser could be treated this way. :)

Chris