Re: brk patches..

From: Jeremy Fitzhardinge
Date: Sun Mar 01 2009 - 20:55:18 EST

H. Peter Anvin wrote:
Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:
(To be specific: I reshape the guest e820 table so that it doesn't have
memory in any forbidden areas of the host e820 table. That may require
moving the pseudo-physical address of pages into a new overflow e820
entry, which would also require allocating pages for the p2m radix tree.)

Isn't that the domain builder's job?

No. It just provides a flat memory map from 0-max_pfn. I want to avoid the overlap between pseudo-phys and machine memory so that the resource manager doesn't get confused by overlapping ranges, and so that it places the pci window in the same place as native.