Re: [ath5k-devel] [TIP] BUG kmalloc-4096: Poison overwritten (ath5k_rx_skb_alloc)

From: Bob Copeland
Date: Mon Mar 02 2009 - 12:34:33 EST

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 12:03 PM, Sitsofe Wheeler <sitsofe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 08:59:39AM -0500, Bob Copeland wrote:
>> On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 02:01:39PM +0000, Sitsofe Wheeler wrote:
>> > It has been days since the original BUG occurred and further it
>> > originally had happened in a -tip kernel with kmemcheck compiled into
>> > it. I had been utterly unable to reproduce the error on any network with
>> > a stock 2.6.29-rc6 kernel. Not even the original -tip kernel produced
>> > the error again...
>
> Note that I was able to reproduce it again : )

So, I took this config and tried a few things without success:

- turned on failslab fault injection
- added various mdelay()s to try to widen theoretical race conditions
- generated traffic with iperf and 'iwlist wlan0 scan' (as root in a loop)

At this point, I think ftrace is the way to go. I guess a good start
would be the functions in:

grep 'ath5k' available_filter_functions | \
egrep -v '(debug)|(eeprom)|(hw)|(intr)'

--
Bob Copeland %% www.bobcopeland.com