Re: hid-dummy.ko Input/output error -- causing huge delays

From: Jiri Slaby
Date: Tue Mar 03 2009 - 06:43:47 EST

On 3.3.2009 02:51, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 5:37 PM, Luis R. Rodriguez<mcgrof@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
FATAL: Error inserting hid_dummy
(/lib/modules/2.6.29-rc6-wl/kernel/drivers/hid/hid-dummy.ko):
Input/output error

I remember reading a thread where you said this was non-fatal and that
hid-dummy.ko would go away. On my system, every now in a blue moon the
above causes a huge delay during the bootup sequence. I'm talking
about a full 1-2 minute delay. Why is the delay so sporadic?

s/once in a blue moon/often/

as it seems I get this now upon every reboot.

So I suppose the problem goes away, when you change -EIO to 0 in
drivers/hid/hid-dummy.c
?