Re: [TIP] BUG kmalloc-4096: Poison overwritten (ath5k_rx_skb_alloc)

From: Bob Copeland
Date: Wed Mar 04 2009 - 07:08:22 EST

On Tue, Mar 03, 2009 at 08:03:52PM +0000, Sitsofe Wheeler wrote:
> The machine where this fault happened is a single core non-symmetric
> multithreading EeePC 900 with a Celeron M 900 using a voluntary preempt
> kernel (so I doubt this is due to tasklets being run on another CPU)...

This particular one could still happen on UP, provided interrupts were
enabled in ath5k_rx_start (I don't think that's very likely, though.
I tried warning on that case and didn't hit it).

> I am a bit unsure which patches you want me to be testing though...

None. Perhaps it's wishful thinking but a function trace for the few
minutes prior to the poison would be useful. A good replicator might
be to run a sequence of automatic suspend/resume with pm_test, in
parallel with iwlist wlan0 scan (as root, so scans are actually
performed), in parallel with iperf or ping. I didn't personally have
luck with that workload, though.

--
Bob Copeland %% www.bobcopeland.com