Re: [BUG] 2.6.29-rc6-2450cf in scsi_lib.c (was: Large amount ofscsi-sgpool)objects

From: James Bottomley
Date: Wed Mar 04 2009 - 19:14:17 EST

On Wed, 2009-03-04 at 22:56 +0000, James Bottomley wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-03-04 at 22:45 +0100, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> > On Wed, 4 Mar 2009, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> >
> > Instrumented the code and the result of the failing request is
> > below. Looks like the function which sets up the request gets
> > nr_phys_segments wrong by one.
> >
> > If you need further trace data feel free to ask.
>
> OK, the mapping all checks out correctly ... there must be something
> wrong with the way we count before mapping.
>
> If you're tracing everything, could you add these static prints to the
> trace ... they'll trigger a lot, but capturing how they applied to the
> failing request might tell us why the count is wrong.

Debugging this on IRC, this is the point we reached:

ftrace debugging patch:

http://tglx.de/~tglx/dbg.patch

We're tracing both blk_recalc_rq_segments() and
blk_phys_contig_segment()

The results are here:

http://tglx.de/~tglx/t.txt.bz2

Although what they show is that we're missing the point where the
counting goes wrong (blk_recalc_rq_segments only goes up to 5 max).

James